[TRNSYS-users] PCM in external wall

Farah.SOUAYFANE at unice.fr Farah.SOUAYFANE at unice.fr
Wed Oct 21 05:42:41 PDT 2015

Dir sirs,

Actually I am simulating PCM in external wall in a building.
I want to use type 1270 which is a component that represent  PCM in a
wall.
In fact,  The inner layer of the external wall is composed of glass
bricks of dimension 19 cm x19 cm x5 cm filled with PCM.

1) So I am wondering how can I model this external wall especially that
the PCM material is located in glass bricks distributed in the wall.
so have I consider the glass as a separate layer than the PCM  layer or
there is a method to do it ( to model PCM in glass brick)?

2) I know that type 1270 represent a  PCM layer in a wall,  but really I
did not understand if the PCM material is integrated directly in the
wall or it is as a component?

Thank you
Regards.