[TRNSYS-users] doubt trnsys optimization

Alastair McDowell alastair.mcdowell at energyae.com
Wed Oct 14 00:21:01 PDT 2015

Hi Alex,

If Type 155 is not working for you, there is an alternative method to perform an optimisation method in TRNSYS using Matlab that may provide greater control for your optimisation process.

1.       Parameterise the variable you wish to optimise, either by using an equation in TRNSYS if it is constant, or by using a data reader and an input text file.

2.       Next, have the results you wish to output printed to another text file.

3.       Use Matlab to read the deck file, replace the string containing the variable of interest, or re-write an input text file with the new variable value

4.       Use the Matlab dos command<http://au.mathworks.com/help/matlab/ref/dos.html> to execute TRNSYS, where the command statement should be "\TRNexe.exe <Deck file directory> \h"

5.       Use Matlab to read in the simulation results from the output text file you specified in step 2.

6.       Repeat steps 3-5 for the range of the variable of interest

Let me know if you have any problems following this method.

Kind regards,
Alastair McDowell
Engineering Consultant
Energy Analysis & Engineering - Enabling innovation for a sustainable future
T: +61 450 600 842