[TRNSYS-users] air to air heat pump(type-966)

Sandeep Singh Chahal chahals at uab.edu
Tue Oct 6 12:14:42 PDT 2015

Hi Alastair,
Thanks a lot!   for answering question( how to calculate total electricity  consumption by a house)
I am using air to air heat pump (unit11-type 966). In type-966, there are some coefficients such as TC1 to TC6, SC1 to SC6, CP1 to CP6, BF1 to BF6 and HT1 to HT6. These coefficients values are zero by default.
TC1 to TC2 used to calculate the Total capacity multiplier = TC1 + TC2*EWB + TC3*EWB^2 + TC4*OADB + TC5*OADB^2 + TC6*EWB*OADB
SC1 to SC6 used to calculate Sensible capacity multiplier = SC1 + SC2*EWB + SC3*EWB^2 + SC4*OADB + SC5*OADB^2 + SC6*EWB*OADB
CP1 to CP6 used to calculate Energy input ratio multiplier = CP1 + CP2*EWB + CP3*EWB^2 + CP4*OADB + CP5*OADB^2 + CP6*EWB*OADB
BF1 to BF6 used to calculate Bypass fraction multiplier = BF1 + BF2*EWB + BF3*EWB^2 + BF4*EDB + BF5*EDB^2 + BF6*EWB*EDB
HT1 to HT6 used to calculate Heating EIR multiplier = HP1 + HP2*OADB + HP3*OADB^2 + HP4*EDB + HP5*EDB^2 + HP6*EDB*OADB
Just for trial, I set all these variables equal to 1. Then, it gives following error
“”Error-- Unit -38        type- 3             Total Fatal Errors    :         1
Error – Unit 11    type-966      TRNSYS Message    118 : The subroutine SAT of the utility routine PSYCHROMETRICS, which calculates the thermodynamic properties of moist air, has been called with a temperature below absolute zero (-273 C).  Please check the TYPE routine which calls the psychrometrics routine for possible sources of errors.  Reported information  : Error 118 “”
 (I am not using type-3 in model.)
 When all of these constants equal to zero, the electricity consumption by heat pump(type-966) is zero. I have tried to look but neither documents nor help forum contains any information regarding type966.
also, I have checked the user manuals for 5ton heat pumps but user manuals don’t include information about these coefficients.
Any explanation where I can get them or suggested values for these coefficient?
I will greatly appreciate any help!
Thanks,
Sandeep Chahal
Research Assistant