[TRNSYS-users] Initializing wall temperature

marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com
Mon Oct 5 06:06:57 PDT 2015

Dear Trnsys users,

I am currently working on a very massive building, with many zones and very with high thermal inertia (concrete wall from 60 to 120 cm of thickness). The model takes 40 minutes to calculate 1 month.

I observe than after one month, final temperatures in zones are still very depending on initial temperatures. For this reason, I tried to adjust initial temperature to be nearer to expected final temperatures (in the order of 35-40°C).

However, in the first part of the simulation, temperatures drop quickly to 25-30°C, depending on the zone. This is quite surprising, considering that there are no heat losses and there are heat gains. The only explication I found is that surface temperatures are not initialized to initial temperature of the zone, and thermal mass takes time to warm up.

Do you know if there is a way to force surface temperatures to zone temperatures at the beginning of a simulation ?

Thank you !

Best regards,
Marcello Caciolo
Responsable Outils et Méthodes d'Analyse Energétique
[cid:image003.jpg at 01CD4E08.954D04D0]

Service Engagement Energétique - Direction Ingénierie Conception
15 rue Nina Simone
CS 39601 - 44096 Nantes Cedex 1
Tél.: +33 02 40 41 06 57
marcello.caciolo at cofelyaxima-gdfsuez.com<mailto:prenom.nom at aximaseitha-gdfsuez.com>
P Pensez à l'environnement avant d'imprimer ce message