[TRNSYS-users] Matrix-Invert Error

Bradley Painting paintingbr at appstate.edu
Mon Nov 9 04:26:54 PST 2015

Hi all,

I am modeling a Type56 radiant floor (as an active layer) heated by a solar
array. When I increase the solar array size beyond a certain amount
(corresponding to about a solar fraction of 0.6) I get this error:

"Subroutine MATRIX-INVERT was called from the type 56 multizone building
model with an array size greater than 50 x 50".

I thought it might have something to do with the temperature getting too
hot so I entered a high-limit cutoff of 30 °C (for the tank) and got the
same error. I also tried increasing the flow from 2,000 kg/hr to 20,000
kg/hr, and the exact same thing happens at the same point in time in the
simulation.

At smaller array sizes (less than ~15 m^2) it does not happen.

--

Brad Painting

Master of Science Candidate, Renewable Energy Engineering

Department of Technology & Environmental Design

Appalachian State University

Boone, NC  28608