[TRNSYS-users] Measurement height of wind

Angel Carrera angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop
Tue Sep 9 10:32:59 PDT 2014

Thibaut,

I think the height for meteonorm wind data is 10 m. You can use the wind
calculator from the tess utility library to convert this data to any height
you may need, and even try to adjust it to your local characteristics, hope
it helps

Angel

> Dear Trnsys users,
>
> In Trnssolar type 344 that simulates an external swimming pool, the height
> of measurement of wind velocity is asked. The default value is set to 5m.
> In papers relative to weather monitoring, I've found that the recommended
> value is 10 m. I've searched through meteonorm documentation, and there is
> not a mention of that height. (This is an important detail, as the results
> are extremely linked to the wind velocity )
>
> So my question is:
>
> Do you know the height of wind velocity measurement used for compiling
> meteonorm weather data files?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Thibaut

*Àngel Carrera*

*Consultor SeniorÀrea tècnica*

Sistemes Avançats d'Energia Solar Tèrmica SCCL
C/ Roger de Llúria, 29 3r 2a 08009 Barcelona
Mòbil: (+34) 663 27 66 80
Tel: (+34) 93 342 47 55
Fax: (+34) 93 342 47 56

angel.carrera at aiguasol.coop