[TRNSYS-users] Measurement height of wind

Thibaut Vitte thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr
Tue Sep 9 10:14:53 PDT 2014

Dear Trnsys users,

In Trnssolar type 344 that simulates an external swimming pool, the
height of measurement of wind velocity is asked. The default value is
set to 5m. In papers relative to weather monitoring, I've found that the
recommended value is 10 m. I've searched through meteonorm
documentation, and there is not a mention of that height. (This is an
important detail, as the results are extremely linked to the wind
velocity )

So my question is:

Do you know the height of wind velocity measurement used for compiling
meteonorm weather data files?

Thanks in advance.

Thibaut