[TRNSYS-users] Adjacent surfaces not recognized with 3d plugin

manoj kumar singh mksinghtu at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 08:51:34 PDT 2014

Dear ​Alexander,

Many times it happens. To avoid this problem I will suggest you to
construct the building project zone by zone and do the surface matching
each time you construct a new zone. And also check by importing file to
simulation studio.

This will be a time consuming process but ultimately you will get a correct
model.

Do save idf file by different name every time you get a correct model.

I face this problem many times when the building geometry gets complex.

I hope this suggestion will work for you.

Regards,

Manoj

On Mon, Jun 30, 2014 at 9:02 PM, Alexandre J. Freire <ajfreire at fe.up.pt>
wrote:

> Dear users,
>

> I’d like to know how to solve the following issue:
>
> For some reason many adjacent walls are not recognized when loading the
> idf file in the trnsys wizard. I’ve seen the surfaces where the error
> “Adjacent wall not found” appears and I checked:
>
> -          Object info recognizes the wall as adjacent and boundary zone
> is correct
>
> -          On the matching surface recognition is OK as well
>
> -          Areas are equal
>
> -          Vertices are coincident
>
> -          The idf is written as described in the sketchup interface.
>
> -          The b17 file is the only where in those surfaces don’t appear
> something like “: ADJ_SURF=63 : BACK”
>
> Not all adjacent surfaces had this problem but many do (62).
>
> Could someone tell me how to make those walls getting recognized in trnsys?
>

> Many thanks in advance,
>
> *Alexandre J. Freire*
>
> *Investigador Científico / Research Engineer*
>

> *Faculdade de Engenharia da Universidade do Porto*
>
> *Departamento de Engenharia Mecânica*
>
> *Secção de Fluidos e Calor*
>

> *Rua Dr. Roberto Frias, Edif. L403*
>
> *4200-465 Porto - Portugal*
>
> *Tlf:   +351 22 508 2264*

*Office Address:-*

*Dr. Manoj Kumar Singh*
*Senior Research Analyst*
*Integrated Research and Action for Development (IRADe)*
*C-80, Shivalik, Malviya Nagar, New Delhi - 110017, India*

Alternate E mail :-  mksinghiitd at gmail.com
                              mksinghtu at rediffmail.com

 MOBILE NO.   +91-9868820037 (India)       Pl contact at this number
                         +32-488-016-809 (liege, Belgium) )-Presently on
Hold