[TRNSYS-users] Type 71 evacuated tube collector

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Jul 7 10:55:36 PDT 2014

<1- Why It can use just one model of the same panel Type 71?>

Likely there is a typo in the proforma for Type 71 as I don't believe
that there should be a limit on the number of Tupe 71's you can use in a
simulation. Open up the proforma, and check the "Allowed Instances" box
and remove any number that is in there.

<2- It does exist a way to do series/parallel arrangement of this
panel?>

This question has been addressed many time on this forum but I will
answer it again. In the parameters of the model, enter the total area
for the array. For the "Number in Series" parameter, enter the number of
collectors that one molecule of water flows through as it passes through
the array. For example, if you have 72 collectors at 2 m2 each, arranged
in 9 parallel paths of 8 collectors each, the total area would be set to
144 m2 and the number in series would be 8. That's all you have to do.
Do not mess with the flow rates as other users have suggested. Enter the
total array flow rate and let the model do the rest.

<3- Is there a model of solar collector with two inlet and outlet
(flowrate)? (because type 71 has one inlet/outlet)>

I've never seen a single solar collector with more than one inlet and
outlet. What would the benefit be? You can use multiple Type 71's to
model a larger array with multiple inlets and outlets provided you fix
the item in question 1.

Jeff

3- Is there a model of solar collector with two inlet and outlet
(flowrate)? (because type 71 has one inlet/outlet)

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com

On 07/03/2014 9:04 am, Giuseppe Filippini wrote:

> Dear TRNSYS-users,
>
> I simulated my solar thermal model with type 71,a data reader Type 9e and plotter; so I would like to insert another type 71 collector, but there is an error which says:
>
> "The maximum number of instances (1)allowed for type 71 is already reached"
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1- Why It can use just one model of the same panel Type 71?
>
> 2- It does exist a way to do series/parallel arrangement of this panel?
>
> 3- Is there a model of solar collector with two inlet and outlet (flowrate)? (because type 71 has one inlet/outlet)
>
> Best regards
>
> Giuseppe

Links:
------