[TRNSYS-users] Error message - unit inconsistency

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Fri Mar 15 05:35:19 PDT 2013

Dear Raksit,

I have a couple of comments about this. First of all,
it is difficult to see the exact error without seeing the listing
(*.lst) file. Also, when converting humidity ratio to %RH, simply use
the Type33 component which calls the Pyschrometric subroutine to
calculate the moist air properties. However, I would recommend that you
simply use Type642 diverter from the TESS Hydronics Library which has a
%RH input.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2013-03-15 03:33, Raksit
Pattanapitoon wrote:

> Dear all,
> I have been running into this
error message: TRNSYS MESSAGE 25 : ERROR IN DETERMINING THE UNIT NUMBER
SPECIFIED IN AN EQUATION. TO REFERENCE AN OUTPUT IN A TRNSYS EQUATION,
BOTH THE UNIT NUMBER AND OUTPUT NUMBER MUST BE ENCLOSED BY SQUARE
BRACKETS AND SEPARATED BY A COMMA. FOR EXAMPLE [1,2]

> I think this
probably comes from the Equation I use to convert between humidity ratio
and %RH (if the error message means something else please let me know).
The conversion is necessary because the moist air flow mixer (type 11c)
and moist air tee-piece (type 11g) that I'm using need humidity ratio as
input/output but my TRNBuild component outputs %RH. Even though I use
Equation to change the value, the unit is not changed and thus I am
still connecting %RH output to humidity ratio input which causes the
error. Does anyone know a way around this?
> Thank you for your help in
advance!
> Best,
> Raksit