[TRNSYS-users] Conversion of IDFs between Energy+ and TRNSYS

Marcus jones.0bj3 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 01:10:28 PST 2013

Hey Adam, any luck?

TRNSYS produced IDF is not quite valid in E+ model language, it should
open, but the fields are not all within the E+ grammar (Energy+.idd).

Can you open the fol. in E+ IDF Editor?
\Trnsys17\Examples\3D_Building\2_Step_Import_Studio\Building.idf

This should at least open. You will have the geometry and a start with the
logic of spaces and boundary conditions, but will have to make some changes;
- Surface boundary conditions should be updated
- Materials & constructions added
- Etc.

You'll probably want to delete the rest and try to merge it with a simple
example file found in E+. If you need to do this to many files, I can help
with a parsing script.

Cheers,

Marcus
--