[TRNSYS-users] Conversion of IDFs between Energy+ and TRNSYS

Adam Rysanek amr63 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Feb 15 13:08:33 PST 2013

Hi all,

I appreciate this might have been answered in the forum in the past.
I have to (unfortunately) take my first foray into EnergyPlus modelling.
I have a TRNSYS IDF file (produced by the TRNSYS3D plugin) that I'd like to
convert to an Energy+ IDF file.

Does anyone have experience doing this. I know TRNSYS3D is based off
OpenStudio, but I can't quite figure out any way to reformat my TRNSYS IDF
so that it works with Energy+

Any help would be much appreciated!
Cheers,
Adam

------

Adam Rysanek, BScE, MScE
PhD candidate

Energy Efficient Cities initiative | EECi
Department of Engineering
Trumpington Street
University of Cambridge
Cambridge CB2 1PZ