[TRNSYS-users] No trnsys3d _b17.idf file being created from sketchup

Paul OSullivan Paul.OSullivan at cit.ie
Thu Sep 20 03:05:08 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS Users

I am wondering I you can help me with a technical detail. TRNSYS3d is
not generating the .idf file when I am working in google sketchup 8.

I am doing everything exactly as the tutorial guidelines but when I ask
it to save the input data file it appears to save and gives no errors or
warnings but when I go looking for the file nothing has been generated.

There is no_b17 version available to import via the studio wizard.

As a result I cannot import the file that has been created even though I
can see the trnsys zone perfectly in sketchup and I can even save and
reopen the file in sketchup using the trnsys3d plugin, but for some
reason there is no b17 file available for import into simulation studio.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Paul O Sullivan

Cork Institute of Technology.