[TRNSYS-users] Type with the possibility to simulate a tank in a tank

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Wed Sep 19 13:10:42 PDT 2012

Richard,

There is a TESS Library model of a tank-in-tank system.
I'm also pretty sure that it allows a heat exchanger in the inner tank.
It's not part of the standard storage tank library but will likely end
up there at some point in the near future. Right now it's part of our
individual components for sale. Let me know if you're interested in the
P/I/O description and I can send it over.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton

_President - TESS LLC_

_22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703_

_Office: (608) 274-2577 Fax: (608) 278-1475_

_www.tess-inc.com_

_E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com_

On 09/19/2012 2:15 pm, Richard
Thygesen wrote:

> Dear all.
>
> I need to simulate a storage tank
with a smaller tank inside. Is there a standard or TESS type with this
option?

> I guess it would be possible to make a simple model by use
of type 534 and make a large HX which would make up the small tank. But
it would be better with a type were this function already is
implemented.

> Best regards
>
> RICHARD THYGESEN
>
> Doctoral