[TRNSYS-users] Values for Tank loss coefficients

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Mon Oct 15 09:46:50 PDT 2012

Michael,

Many manufacturers post heat loss information on their web sites in the
form of temperature decay rates (along with the associated tank and
environment temperatures).  Simply replicate this "test" in TRNSYS using
your tank model and "tune" the heat loss coefficients to match the
published results.

Jeff

---
> does anyone has experiences with values for tank loss coefficients or
> knows where i could find some examples? I´ve already searched for
> other values than the default 2.5 but couldn´t find anything.
>
> I´m thankful for any suggestions to find other values that would
> realistic.

---
Jeff Thornton
President - TESS LLC
22 N. Carroll Street, Madison WI USA 53703
Office: (608) 274-2577  Fax: (608) 278-1475
www.tess-inc.com
E-Mail: thornton at tess-inc.com