[TRNSYS-users] how can I model floor heating and radiators

Karol Bandurski karol.bandurski at put.poznan.pl
Thu Nov 8 10:08:24 PST 2012

Dear all,

I would like to compare energy demand for dwelling with floor heating vs.
with radiators.

So I have following issue:

1)      FLOOR/RADIANT HEATING: what is the best (easy and accurate) way to
model this installation (in context of my goal), which solution is better:

a.       Active Layer in TRNBuild,

b.      Type 1231,

c.        Other type.

2)      RADIATORS: I would like to use type 1231 to simulate radiators  - it
is good way? The problem is that construction of my radiators is as you can
see in attachments.

How to find required values to define model of radiators? e.g. What is
'Inside diameter of the pipe in the unit' if in my radiators there is no
pipe inside, they are only connected to pipe. (attachments)

I will be grateful for any trick and hints!

Regards!

Karol

mgr inż. Karol Bandurski

Instytut Inżynierii Środowiska