[TRNSYS-users] Air source Heat pump to storage

Michael Diekerhof Michael.diekerhof at web.de
Thu Nov 8 07:16:02 PST 2012

Dear all,

i would really appreciate it, if anyone could have a look on my
projectfile, since it´s not working. Although you might won´t be able to
run the simulation i am sure that there´s a mistake (or more) in the
connections I made.

So my main problem is: How can I get an almost constant condensator
outlet temperature ???

Since it is an Air-Source Heat Pump, I do need a FAN. I connected Type23
(PID-Controller) to the FAN with the condensator outlet temperature of
the heat pump as the Controlled variable. But it doesn´t work yet
because the evaporator mass flow and temperature is extremely high!

How can I control the Fan? Do i need to control the Fan to achieve the
goal above and what is the on/off signal for the FAN?

In due to the control signals for the pump and the heat pump I guess
that both control signals should be dependent on the condensator outlet
temperature (e.g. around 55°C) and the temperature back to the heat
source (e.g. 50°C), right??

I am very thankful for any suggestions how to connect the types
correctly. I have no other ideas so far.

Best,
Michael