[TRNSYS-users] Problem with TRNSYS (Reading an External Load File)

Aaron J. Danenberg danenberg at hartford.edu
Fri May 25 08:22:24 PDT 2012

Samir,

I have attached a sample load file I use.  The file total loading contains
hourly loads, positive is heating, and negative is cooling.  I have also
attached a studio file with a Type 9 configured to read the loads.  I have
not used excel, but using a text file has worked fine for me.  The loads
come from using a Type 56 building simulation that outputs to excel, I
simply copied and pasted the loads out of excel right into a text file.
Make sure you check that the total loads file is in the same directory as
the studio file.  Test what I have sent you, then you can just change the
test file to the one you need.

Also FYI, it would be best to be more specific when you have a problem,
these posts to the forum are archived so users can search them when they are
running into problems.

Best,

Aaron Danenberg