[TRNSYS-users] Type 1255 Ground coupling

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue May 22 15:33:54 PDT 2012

> Does the Type 1255 ground coupling model assume a constant zone air
> temperature for each zone throughout the year? I tried assigning
> varying zone air temperatures to the Type 1255 model by connecting a
> data reader to it and it ended up calculating unreasonable ground
> temperatures.

Type 1255 does allow the user to connect a time-varying zone air
temperature.  If you're getting strange results I'm guessing you have
something connected wrong or have made a mistake creating the soil data
file.  I'd check there first.  We use 1255 quite a bit and it produces
reasonable results for the soil and surface temperatures...

Jeff

---