[TRNSYS-users] Type 1255 Ground coupling

simge andolsun simgeandolsun at gmail.com
Tue May 22 11:11:02 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS users,

Does the Type 1255 ground coupling model assume a constant zone air
temperature for each zone throughout the year? I tried assigning
varying zone air temperatures to the Type 1255 model by connecting a
data reader to it and it ended up calculating unreasonable ground
temperatures. Could you please let me know whether there is a way to
assign varying zone air temperatures to the Type 1255 model? Or, is
there any other ground coupling model in TRNSYS (other than those that
run with Type 56) that can run with varying zone air temperatures?

One final question: Does the "Average surface temperature for slab"
output variable of the Type 1255 model refer to the outside surface
temperature of the slab? or is it the inside surface of the slab? How
can I plot the outside surface temperature of the slab 9that is in
contact with the ground) using the Type 1255 model?

Thanks in advance for your help,

I look forward to hearing from you,

Simge Andolsun
PhD Candidate