[TRNSYS-users] trnflow16 - atrium

jeannieboef jeannieboef at googlemail.com
Mon May 14 07:27:30 PDT 2012

1) Is it possible that the crack will only see a dP due to the air
thermal stack effect, not due to any negative pressure created by the
exhaust fan?

2) Are their other cracks on the bottom zone?

Usually the fan dP entry for simulations is static and the volume flow
is static. This means the volume will flow into the bottom zone. In
Trnsys the exiting mass flow is checked but usually not used in the
calculations. This means modelling an exhaust fan in the top zone
equates to only modelling a cross mixing in the top zone with the
bottom zone air being referanced for the air properties.

In real life your exhaust fan will be a constant volume fan, meaning
it will spin slower or faster to create the nessecary pressure dP to
make sure the specified volume goes through it.

I would model the "exhaust fan" as a fan bringing air from the bottom
zone into the top zone and equate it's mass flow to that of the supply
fan. The exhaust fan dP should then be equated to the normal pressure
losses of ducting minus the fortunate effect of the thermal stack
effect.

Sent from my iPhone