[TRNSYS-users] Type 107: Absorption chiller data file: How do I calculate the fraction of capacity?

Leon Becker leon.becker at insa-lyon.fr
Thu May 10 15:54:59 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS User,

for a research project I'm trying to simulate a hot water fired absorption chiller with TRNSYS 16. I thought I could create a datafile representing the performance of the Yazaki WFC-SC5 using the type 107 in the TRNSYS library.
After reading the Mathematical references and the existing threads I still don't understand the difference between fraction of design load and fraction of capacity. As far as I understand, the values I need to calculate for the data file are:

fraction of design load=capacity/rated capacity
fraction of design energy input= (required heat/ratedheat input) *fraction of design load
fraction of capacity=???

Please correct me, if I'm wrong. Moreover, I still don't get how to really calculate the fraction of capacity.

It would be a great help if someone could explain me the missing equation.

Does anyone have another idea how to simulate an absorption chiller with TRNSYS?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards,

Leon Becker