[TRNSYS-users] Type 655 air cooled chiller external file and COP

Santeri Siren santeri.siren1 at gmail.com
Wed May 9 04:30:12 PDT 2012

Dear Trnsys users,

I am using type 655 air cooled chiller in my simulations. I noticed that
for example the ambient air temperature affects the COP only in the
interval of temperatures that are defined in the external data file.
For example, in the example data file that is provided with the TESS
library there are capacity ratios and cop ratios for ambient air
temperatures varying from 23.89 to 46.11. The COP changes only between
these temperatures. If the ambient air temperature is more than 46.11 or
less than 23.89, then it doesnt affect the COP at all.

I am using weather file for Helsinki Finland, so ambient air temperatures
are very low in the winter time. Is there any way to make the ambient air
temperature affect the COP also in lower temperatures?

Best regards Santeri Siren