[TRNSYS-users] GenOpt

Miroslava Kavgic miroslava.kavgic at gmail.com
Sat May 5 08:04:02 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I'am using GenOpt with TRNSYS for optimization of  building. My first cost
function on which optimization should be performed is Qheat and the second
cost function that should serve as restriction function (penalty) is PPD
(predicted percent of dissatisfied people), and both functions are
calculated by TRNSYS. However I'am having trouble with writing the *.ini
file* so both functions could be red by GenOpt. Namely, GenOpt only reads
the first one (Qheat) while it ignores the second one, even thoug it exists
in the output file after the first one.

For example, if Name1=''Qheat''; Delimiter1=''04032000000000000E+0004'';
(simulate only winter season),
how Name and Delimiter of the second cost function should be defined, that
is of the PPD function?
More precisely I don't know how to define Delimiter of the second function
in order to be red by GenOpt.
Should both function be in the same output file or in the separate output
files?

Thank you very much!!!

Kind Regards,

Miroslava Kavgic