[TRNSYS-users] trnsys 17 do not achieve the same results of trnsys 15 ?

dec07001 dec07001 at fe.up.pt
Thu May 3 05:55:42 PDT 2012

Dear all

I used trnsys 15 to simulate de heating and cooling needs of a 8 zone
building (2 zones/ 4 levels) and now a I am using trnsys 17 and not
achieving the same results for the exact same building (it varies from 5
to 20% more demanding) is this possible?

Conditions considered:
1-exactly the same constructive solution and windows
2-exactly the same simulation components (types:9, 16i, 69b ,33e, 56
and 25)
3-for 4 the new inputs in type 56:
type 16i provide the AZEN and AAZM
the TSGRD considered equal to TAMB
and GRDREF left to link
4-the heating and cooling needs previously obtained in the demands file
of the trnsys 15, are now beenig obtain (trnsys 17) with the NTypes 1,
30 and 31.

All help will be appreciated, thanks
Eunice Fontao