[TRNSYS-users] Convergence problem between trnsys immersed heat exchanger input & heat input computed between inlet & outlet connection

Usman Ijaz Dar usman.i.dar at ntnu.no
Fri Mar 30 09:48:51 PDT 2012

I am currently using Trnsys storage tank Type 60 with immersed heat exchanger connected to a heat source. My question is related to energy imbalance between the heat exchanger which is computed inside the storage tank model and energy input computed by different in heat exchanger inlet and outlet. In my case, I am running the heat exchanger at high flow rates i.e. 600 l/h which is reasonably high and no convergence warning occurs related to internal routine of heat exchanger T_o. Could you please explain the imbalance ?

Regards

Usman Ijaz Dar
NTNU-Trondheim, Norway

Email:  usman.i.dar at ntnu.no