[TRNSYS-users] Importing a dwg -drawing to SketchUp??

Santeri Siren santeri.siren1 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 06:25:45 PDT 2012

Dear all,

I have floor plans of a 10 store office building in dwg format. I was
wondering if it would be possible to import those plans to googlesketchup
so it would be easier to create the zones directly over the floor plans. I
selected the import option in the file menu but it seems that the program
doesnt support dwg files. The Trnsys 3D tutorial was not very helpful
either. I think that creating an accurate model of the building will be
extreamly labrious without imported floor plans...

Do you have any experience in importing a dwg drawing into googlesketchup
or creating an accurate model of a large building in some other way? Would
it be possible to import several pictures in  different heights to model
different floors, or is it only possible to import one picture at a time?

All help in this matter will be much appreciated!

Regards. Santeri Siren