[TRNSYS-users] Question about external files for type 927

Mehdi Shahrestani mahdishahrestani at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:53:15 PST 2012

Hi Richard

It is possible to use up to 4 independent (inputs) and 5 dependent (outputs)
in each dynamic data interpolation. (TRNSYS manual, page 7-64)

To describe the order it is an example of a case with two inputs and one
output:

1 2 3 (a, first independent input)

6 7 8 (b, second independent input)

100   (value of c when a=1 and b=6)

200   (value of c when a=1 and b=7)

300   (value of c when a=1 and b=8)

400   (value of c when a=2 and b=6)

500   (value of c when a=2 and b=7)

600   (value of c when a=2 and b=8)

700   (value of c when a=3 and b=6)

800   (value of c when a=3 and b=7)

900   (value of c when a=3 and b=8)

It is all you need to develop a data file.

Note:

Bear in mind that when you are writing a code with Fortran, the order of
independents (inputs) should be written reversely. In the other words, in
Fortran code 'b' should be considered as the first independent parameter.

Disregards this note if you just want to modify a data file or develop a new
data file. The note is useful when you want to write a code for a new
component.

For more detail refer to page 7-66 TRNSYS manual.

Hope it helps

Mehdi

  _____