[TRNSYS-users] type 47c

von Grabe, Jörn v.grabe at tum.de
Fri Jun 15 11:03:16 PDT 2012

dear all!

par2 of type 47c asks for the cell energy capacity. the "more button" says : "The battery capacity is obtained by multiplying the cell capacity by the number of cells in series and by the number of cells in parallel." the simulation however shows, that the FSOC is then decreasing much to fast (if I take e.g. 1 cell in parallel, 6 in series). TRNSYS obviously takes only the number of cells in parallel into account to calculate the total battery capacity. At least, when I try so, the decrease of FSOC seems more realistic (a rough balance of in- and outtake of energy supports it). to summarize: shouldn't it mean "The battery capacity is obtained by multiplying the cell capacity by the number of cells in parallel."?

many thanks for your help!
jörn