[TRNSYS-users] New TESS Solar components

Horocholyn, Rick rhoro at hydro.mb.ca
Wed Jun 13 15:06:48 PDT 2012

After installing v17.1 and the latest/associated TESS components, I have three new parabolic trough collectors I'd like to study (types 1288 (x2) and 1245).  I notice that the documentation refers to type1288, but its own proforma labels it type288 (Description tab, and Files->Source Code File).  I've fixed those manually to 'type1288', but the only pdf documentation in the 'Tess Models->Solar Library' folder is 'Temporary Documents', and in that folder there are no files for 'Type1245.pdf' or 'Type1288.pdf'.  Is there a schedule when these will be forthcoming?

Also, I was familiar with the 1D IAM datafile format for a collector that follows the zenith/altitude angle of the sun, but I am unfamiliar with how to setup a 2D IAM file for such a collector.  The default proforma for the type1288 component references a sample 2D IAM file, so I assume 2D is applicable and 1D is not.  If the collector will track the altitude angle automatically, why do I need a 2D IAM datafile?

Thx,
Rick.