[TRNSYS-users] Changing start time e.g. in RadiationProcessing.tpf

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Fri Jul 27 14:41:27 PDT 2012

Dear Maarten,

This is a known issue with the Type9 and Type16
connection. It has been fixed for the next version update due out in
early September.

In the mean time, if you need to start at a time
other than hour zero, you could either supplement the data file from
hour 0 until when your data starts or use the Type99 with a
appropriately formatted data file. Please let me know if you have any
questions.

Best regards,

Matt Duffy

On 2012-07-27 10:09, Maarten
Sourbron wrote:

> Dear Trnsys Users,
>
> I get an error when I
change the start time of a file including a Type 9-Type 16 radiation
processing combination (as e.g. in the Trnsys example file
RadiationProcessing.tpf).

> Everything works fine with 'Simulation
Start Time = 0 hr"

> But with 'Simulation Start Time = 1 hr" I get
an error at hour 9 of the simulation

> *** Fatal Error at time :
9.000000

> Generated by Unit : 4
>
> Generated by Type : 16

Message : The simulation timestep is greater than the data timestep for
the radiation calculation. The simulation timestep needs to be reduced.

> And with 'Simulation Start Time = 12 hr" I get the error :

*** Fatal Error at time : 13.000000

> Generated by Unit : 4

Generated by Type : 16

> Message : The simulation time is outside
the data reading interval. If you are using a combination of Type9 and
Type16, make sure that Type9 outputs 99 and 100 are connected to the
appropriate Type16 inputs.

> Does anyone has a suggestion?

Kind regards,

> Maarten