[TRNSYS-users] Changing start time e.g. in RadiationProcessing.tpf

Maarten Sourbron Maarten.Sourbron at mech.kuleuven.be
Fri Jul 27 08:09:53 PDT 2012

Dear Trnsys Users,

I get an error when I change the start time of a file including a Type 9-Type 16 radiation processing combination (as e.g. in the Trnsys example file RadiationProcessing.tpf).

Everything works fine with 'Simulation Start Time = 0 hr"

But with 'Simulation Start Time = 1 hr" I get an error at hour 9 of the simulation
*** Fatal Error at time   :         9.000000
    Generated by Unit     :     4
    Generated by Type     :    16
    Message               : The simulation timestep is greater than the data timestep for the radiation calculation.  The simulation timestep needs to be reduced.

And with 'Simulation Start Time = 12 hr" I get the error :
*** Fatal Error at time   :        13.000000
    Generated by Unit     :     4
    Generated by Type     :    16
    Message               : The simulation time is outside the data reading interval. If you are using a combination of Type9 and Type16, make sure that Type9 outputs 99 and 100 are connected to the appropriate Type16 inputs.

Does anyone has a suggestion?

Kind regards,
Maarten

---

PhD student

Simulation of Thermal Systems Research group

Departement Werktuigkunde-Department of Mechanical Engineering

Katholieke Universiteit Leuven

Celestijnenlaan 300A bus 2421

3001 Heverlee (Leuven)

T : 0032 (0)16 32 28 73