[TRNSYS-users] Thermal bridges/Cold bridges in TRNBuild

Anne-Kathrin.Albrecht at ise.fraunhofer.de Anne-Kathrin.Albrecht at ise.fraunhofer.de
Mon Jul 16 07:46:01 PDT 2012

Dear Users,

I know that this problem has been discussed before so I know that there is
a bug, but am not sure how to handle it:

1. When you add a new massless layer with coldbridge effect you have to
enter the "resistancy" in hmK/(kJ). Do you actually have to enter the
resistancy, which would be in hm²K/(kJ) or does TRNBuild asks for the
conductivity, which would be in hmK/(kJ)?

2. The layer type manager shows the same value for "resistancy" as typed
in before in hm²K/(kJ). It´s just a problem of showing the units right,
isn´t it? So is it actually the resistancy that is shown in both cases?

3. What is meant by the length? Is it the part where the walls connect or
is it the edge length? Independently of the entered value of the length,
the u-value doesn´t change. How does TRNBuild calculate with this value?

I would like to add a common used factor of 0,05 W/(m²K) for all surface
areas. How do I implement that?

Thank you very much for you help in advance,

Anne