[TRNSYS-users] Type 534, Coiled tube heat exchanger

Heikkilä Marko marko.v.heikkila at aalto.fi
Sun Jul 8 23:33:53 PDT 2012

Dear TRNSYS-developers and users,

I have a question about type 534 (Cylindrical Storage Tank with Immersed Heat Exchangers) and the immersed coiled tube heat exchanger. I assume that the tube used in that heat exchanger type is smooth (no fins). In that case the lenght of the heat exchanger tube rises quite high, because the heating area is pretty small compared to finned tube. My question is: Can I model a finned tube somehow? Maybe the parameters "Geometry Factor" and "Geometry Factor Exponent" might be useful.  If that`s possible, what are the typical values?

BG,

Marko Heikkilä
Aalto University
School of Engineering