[TRNSYS-users] Problems with Trnsys3d

Anne-Kathrin.Albrecht at ise.fraunhofer.de Anne-Kathrin.Albrecht at ise.fraunhofer.de
Tue Jul 3 02:20:13 PDT 2012

Hallo everybody,
I have several problems with Trnsys3d:
1.      I am working on a building that has a cellar with windows. When I
convert the idf-file into a TRNBuild-file (b17 idf-file) the cellar walls
are shown with a wrong area (takes the net area = gross area minus windows
instead of the gross area) and the windows are missing. Is it not possible
to include windows in walls that have the ground as a boundary? Of course
the house has a light well, but I thought I could solve the problem by
just drawing the windows and setting them to a high shading factor.
2.      Is it possible to list all the drown surfaces in a building? I´ve
always used the surface search so far but I have two lines (drown by
accident) that are recognized as walls with an area of 0.001 m² and I
don´t know where they are, so it´s like searching  for a needle in a
haystack...
Best regards,
Anne-Kathrin Albrecht