[TRNSYS-users] parabolic trough collectors

Andrés Montero ivanandres.montero at urv.cat
Mon Jan 9 11:01:02 PST 2012

Dear Trnsys users,

I am working on version 16 and I would like to convert parabolic trough
collector (Type 536) into a type that uses DT=Tm-Tamb insted of DT=Ti-Tamb.
I am looking for formulas which helps me to perform this conversion. The
only formulas I have found are the ones used in Solar Engineering of
Thermal Processes (Duffie and Beckman) but these formulas are only applied
to flat plate collectors. Can these formulas be used in order to perform my
work?

I would be glad if somebody can help me.

Best regards,

Andrés Montero
CREVER
Grup d'Enginyeria Tèrmica Aplicada
Departament d'Enginyeria Mecànica
Escola Tècnica Superior Enginyeria Química
Universitat Rovira i Virgili
Avda. Països Catalans, 26
43007 - TARRAGONA (SPAIN)