[TRNSYS-users] Mismatch between view factor matrix file and BUI file

Damien Gondre damien.gondre at insa-lyon.fr
Wed Feb 29 01:56:40 PST 2012

Dear Trnsys-users and developers,

I get the following error message while running a Trnsys simulation using
detailed radiation mode with multiple airnodes in a zone:
"*Message : Surface ID order mismatch between view factor matrix file and
BUI file in Zone 4 encountered. Recreate view factor matrix for solving
problem.*"

I obviously tried to recreate the view factor matrix but it didn't work. I
also compared the BUI file with the VFM file to check if surface ID came in
the same order in both files: it does.

So I don't know what to do in order to deal with this problem.

Attached are my *.b17 and *.vfm files.
If someone has any idea, it would help!

Thank you!

Damien Gondre.

PS: I manually edited the bui file in order to quickly add coupling and
ventilation inputs that came from a former file. I checked in TRNBuild and
it seems to work properly. But I don't know if the fact that I have
manually edited the Bui file can have a link with the error message I get.

Centre de thermique de Lyon (CETHIL)
UMR 5008 - Insa de Lyon, UCBL, CNRS
Bâtiment Sadi Carnot
69621 Villeurbanne Cedex