[TRNSYS-users] Creating experimental system

Gerhard Hartwig grhartwig at gmail.com
Thu Feb 9 00:31:00 PST 2012

Dear users

I built a system simulating a humidification de-humidification cycle with
various components among other the humidifier of the tess library, type
641. All is well but I need to now build an actual experimental system to
test my design.

I am struggling with translating the trnsys model into parameters that can
be attached to the actual design such as the contact area of evaporation.
At the moment I am using the energy transfer rates of the simulation and
converting that into usable design parameters through various literature
relations and heat transfer calculations.

Is this the best route or are there other methods available?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Gerhard Hartwig
Stellenbosch University