[TRNSYS-users] Information

Brembilla Christian christian.brembilla at aalto.fi
Wed Feb 8 23:35:30 PST 2012

Dear all,

I am Brembilla from Aalto University. I am a TRNSYS basic user and

I started some days ago to read the guide and I tried to do the guide examples.

In the example at the point 1.4.2.1 of the guide the Sunspace, I cannot understand

what means for backzone and sunzone. I also open the TRNbuild and I took a

look at the surfaces and the backzone surfaces are larger than sunzone.

Unfortunately there is not the 3d model so i cannot undertand how works it.

Somebody could help me?

My second problem it is regarding the example at the point 1.5, it works well.

I alsro tried to change the parameters like slope, collector surface and I can see variation

in the temperatures. I cannot understand the gist of heat transfer rate. It is an energy,

of course the energy of the heater is 1400W*3,6s=5040 kJ but I cannot understand way

it is always constant in the time schedule even else the collector already provides heat water.

It should be the difference between the 5040 kJ and the heat transfer rate provides by the collector.

Somebody could help me, please?

Thank you in advance.

Christian