[TRNSYS-users] Thermal storage and building

Jeff Thornton thornton at tess-inc.com
Tue Aug 7 07:42:39 PDT 2012

<I'm working on a simulation including mainly a building (type 56),
an air-to-water heat pump (type 42b) and a thermal storage (type 4a). My
goal is turning on the heat pump during the night, storing energy, and
releasing it during the day. I created a new input in type 56 that
limits the heating power and then I would like to connect type 4a to
this input to heat the house using the water tank. First question: is
that a good way to do so?
Secondly: If yes, how could I connect type 56
and type 4a? Is the "energy rate to load" output of type 4a the right
output to be connected to my input in type 56?>

No. You'll need to
create a ventilation type inside of Type 56 with the temperature,
humidity and flow rate as inputs to the Type 56. For the water loop,
you'll need to connect a pump to the storage tank and then connect the
pump to a heating coil model and then back to the tank. On the air side
you'll need to connect a fan to Type 56 (T and w as outputs from the
zone) and then the fan to the air side of the heating coil and the coil
outlet air condition to the ventilation inputs. Add in controls and
you're done.

Jeff

---

Jeff Thornton