[TRNSYS-users] Stratification with Trnflow

jeannieboef jeannieboef at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 25 09:18:02 PDT 2012

I'm not aware of any model that can predict this scenario well, except
CFD. You have to consider the convectional air flows along cold or hot
exterior vertical surfaces and "mix up" your stradified air. You also
have to consider the pleums around warm objects and persons. You also
have to consider where air infiltrates at low and high levels.

You need a air node at all the wall surfaces at low level and high-
level. I've seen a COMIS modelling attempting something like this.

I have the same problem. I'm trying to apply the 3-node displacement
Muntz model (which is conceived for interior office spaces) to a huge
factory hall.

Sent from my iPhone