[TRNSYS-users] Stratification with Trnflow

Hannes Oppeel hoppeel at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 04:27:20 PDT 2012

Hi all!
I'm currently modeling a church with multiple airnodes to evaluate the stratification when the church is heated.All the airnodes are connected through ducts with very large sections because a horizontal large opening would only simulate the airflow in 1 direction.The air heating system is modelled with a fan-airlink between an auxiliary node, where the inlet temperature is fixed to 21°, and the lowest airnode.
The problem is that al the airnodes are increasing equally and at with the same speed, while stratification normally would result in a higer temperature in the higher airnodes.How can I fix this? Is there another way I could model the air heating system?
Many thanksHannes Oppeel