[TRNSYS-users] Ventilation network solver

Marion Hiller hiller at transsolar.com
Fri Apr 20 05:22:16 PDT 2012

Hannes,

I had a very quick look at your project only.

Without knowing the aim of the simulation, your project looks quite
complicated to me because you divided the church into many airnodes.

Is this really necessary? Do you expect different temperatures for each
airnode?

For thermal modelling I assume that three to four airnodes would be
enough. Using more airnodes increase

the complexity significant as well as the input and control effort
without necessarily an increase in accuracy.

In addition, I wonder if you really need a detailed distribution model
for direct radiation. I assume that GEOSURF

yield to a good result.

For evaluating air flow in large volumes you need  CFD rather than a
network flow tool like TRNFlow.

The resulting stratification really depends on local airstreams raising
/falling and you need a discretisation of the volume.

I doubt that TRNFlow gives you the exoected result.

In addition, the CFD would be able to show you how many thermal airnodes
are really required.

I really recommend beginning with a simple model. If the simple model
works fine you may become

more detailed and verify that add adding detail really increases the
accuracy of your model.

Marion

Dipl.-Ing. Marion Hiller
TRANSSOLAR: KlimaEngineering - Technologien für energieeffizientes Bauen
und Nutzerkomfort in Gebäude
Munich - New York - Stuttgart + 49.711.67976.0

Transsolar Energietechnik GmbH, Curiestrasse 2, 70563 Stuttgart
Amtsgericht Stuttgart - HRB 23347, Steuernummer 99073/00911, USt-IdNr.:
DE152272639

Geschäftsführer: Dipl.Ing. Matthias Schuler, Dipl.Ing. Thomas Auer,
Dipl.Phys. Stefan Holst, Prof. Dipl.-Ing. Bleicher

  _____