[TRNSYS-users] Using genopt for parametric run in trnsys

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Tue Sep 27 05:34:34 PDT 2011

Eshan,Those files that you refered to, "Building simulated usin type 56, so have *.dck, and *.bui where the wall structure is stored, so using TRNEdit does not make sense. "do indeed have to be generated whether you're using TRNEdit or GenOpt. I have done parametric studies with TRNSYS16 Type56buildings exclusively in TRNEdit as my colleague mentioned in his informative email or batch files to implement all the decks(the *.dck files would reference an individual building configuration *.bui) to essentially optimize different amounts of insulation, shading devices, etc. Nevertheless, I have not tried the tutorial from the previous version. Have you yet to considered the M. Kummert tutorial for version 16? It is available at the following section of the SEL TRNSYS website."Using GenOpt with TRNSYS 16 and Type 56"http://sel.me.wisc.edu/trnsys/demos/index.html#GenoptType56Best regards,Matt Duffy----- Original Message -----From: "Ehsan Asadi" >;ehsan!
 0asadi at yahoo.com