[TRNSYS-users] TRnsys3D skecthup plugin

Matt Duffy duffy at tess-inc.com
Thu Sep 22 07:46:23 PDT 2011

Dear Thibaut,Thank you for expressing your concerns. As I began using the plugin a year and a half ago, I also ran into some frustrations. Fortunately, most of these were fixed, and I learned my mistakes (I should've read the manual first!).I love using the TRNSYS3D plugin for Google SketchUp.  I can make a building envelope in a matter of seconds and import that into TRNBuild consistently without problems. We spend some a small amount of time at our training courses in TRNSYS3D and the attendees are able to make it work for them as well, so I have no doubt that you can as well.I have some rules of thumb for using the plugin.1. Read the TRNSYS3D FAQ and Manual!2. Shut off all other building plugins (OpenStudio, IES VE, etc.).3. ONLY DRAW IN YOUR ZONE WHEN IT IS ACTIVATED (dotted line NOT blue line).4. Make sure adjacent walls share the EXACT SAME vertices before you run the 'Match Surfaces' tool.5. Make sure that your surfaces are the bold color (surfaces facing outward), or!
  you will have to use the reverse surfaces tool.6. Get familiar with isolating your zones to edit them (either with the Move tool or the Hide rest of model tool).Yes, there are indeed glitches in programs that I may not be experiencing on my particular machine, but all of our attendees at our courses are able to get this to function.I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions.Best regards,Matt Duffy----- Original Message -----From: "Thibaut VITTE" >;thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr