[TRNSYS-users] TRnsys3D skecthup plugin

Thibaut VITTE thibaut.vitte at h3c-energies.fr
Thu Sep 22 05:34:45 PDT 2011

Dear Trnsys users,

I've recently used the TRNSYS3D sketchup plugin because I wanted to
study a closed atrium in a building, and I wanted to see the influence
of the detailled model of radiation, and use the multiple nodes function.

Well... The least I can say is that it is a real pain in the...

I quit, I cannot get it to work, the drawings in sketchup starts to look
like nothing, I've lost for no reason multiple walls that became regular
skecthup surfaces, When I import my model in TRnbuild, some adjacencies
disappeared... And so on. I'm lost with my multiple saves; I've got a
plugin error every time I open a model... I've tried to be the most
meticulous while drawing, drew each zone apart and then moved it to its
right place, did not use the matching surface tool...
I tried a very simple model, and it worked, but I see that when the
drawing's too complicated either i'm not enough skilled, either it's
inadequate.

Does somedy manage to be really efficient with that tool? At the present
time I cannot imagine someone drawing faster than somebody used to enter
values in Trnbuild!

...Which was actually the aim of defining the geometry in a CAD software...

If yes, then what is the learning curve, and how many hours do you think
it takes to master? Any references?

Thanks in advance.

Thibaut