[TRNSYS-users] Type 2b controller dead band problem.

Michael Bissett mikebiscuit at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 12:15:19 PDT 2011

Dear Trnsys

I am experiencing problems with a simple* type 2b controller*.

I am using a solar collector type 564b

I am trying to compare the temperature of the output of the collector with
output of the tank, getting a temperature difference. I have set the dead
band from 4-10 degrees C.

In the simulation as the temperature rises to 10degrees difference, the
control signal is 1 switching the pump on correctly. but after this the
controller only switches every time step. I have tried shortening the time
step... and changing other parameters.. still with no success.

I have attached the file.

Yours Sincerely

Mike Bissett

Department of Electrical Engineering