[TRNSYS-users] Problems with 3 tank simulation

mahbubul muttakin mahbubul.muttakin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 00:12:44 PDT 2011

Hello Jesper and David,

I am the newest member of this forum and I am not sure whether I am using
the right procedure to make a query. Anyway, looks like Jesper and I have
the same kind of system. That's why I am putting my question under same
subject. Our system also has the same types of tanks in series. Each tank
has inlet solenoid valves. I want to know how to model solenoid valves in
trnsys. Previously it was done using matlab. I want to do it using trnsys
only.

Just for clarification, the valves will operate based on temperature
difference between inlet and outlet, i.e., at a time only one inlet will
open which will take the hot water to the tank having lowest temperature.
Similarly the return will also enter the tank based on temperature
difference.