[TRNSYS-users] Cooling Coil - Bypass Factor Approach

Roberto Ruiz doppler83 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 9 16:03:12 PDT 2011

Dear TRNSYS users,

I write because I have a doubt about the assumptions made behind cooling
coil model by means of bypass factor approach (type 508 - TESS Library).

I know that for heating coil type 753 (TESS Library):

T_out_air=T_su_air*BPF+(1-BPF)*T_out_coil

And if

Minimal capacitance=Water flow capacitance

T_out_water=T_su_air

It means that a heat exchanger efficiency equal to 1.

For cooling coils

Sensible heat exchange

It seems that for this condition, the assumption made is the same as for
heating coils. Is it right?

Dehumidification

I've tried to find a similar relationship but I haven't been able. Could
anyone explain me this?

Thank you in advance!

Roberto Ruiz