[TRNSYS-users] Any Idea about the GenOpt error - "The program could not find all the files. Please check your directory settings"

Richard Hall R.Hall at steel-sci.com
Fri Sep 2 11:02:50 PDT 2011

Hi TRNSYS Users,

I have a problem with GenOpt where when I press the 'Run Optimization' button the following error message occurs:

"The program could not find all the files. Please check your directory settings"

I am 90% sure it is not referring to the File Locations (GenOpt, Java and TRNSYS) as GenOpt works fine with the TESS example model. Any ideas about what files it is referring to?

Richard
http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/richard-hall/32/26a/ba2

What I have tried and checked:

 *
The TESS example GenOpt model works;
 *
Correct version of GenOpt and TRNSYS installed;
 *
I have used GenOpt with other models that I have created and it has worked fine;
 *
The simulation of the model works;
 *
Restarting my computer.

Note:The model is reasonable simple but does contain user written components.

This transmission is confidential and must not be used or disclosed by anyone other than the intended recipient. The Steel Construction Institute cannot accept any responsibility for any use or misuse of the transmission by anyone.

The Steel Construction Institute is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales under registered number 1916698 and whose registered office is at Silwood Park, Ascot, Berks, SL5 7QN, England. If you have received this message in error, you should not disclose its contents to anyone; please delete it and notify the sender immediately.